The Lindsay Collision Center in Woodbridge is looking for full-time Body Technicians.
SUMMARY : Repairs damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership specifications and time standards. Experience is preferred.
- Repairs vehicles per estimate and according to manufacturer standards.
- May specialize in specific repairs such as glass replacement or bumper replacement.
- Checks parts against estimate and ensures proper parts are ordered and received.
- Prepares vehicles for body repair work.
- Notifies management of any additional repairs needed.
- Notifies management of any difficulties or problems that may prevent a quality job from being performed or cause a change in the promised time.
- Maintains tools and equipment in a proper state of repair.
- Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners, and other hazardous materials. Reports any deviations to management.
- Cooperates and assists other personnel in the repair and prepping of vehicles.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect body shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school education and two year certificate from technical school in general body repair and six to twelve months related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, vendor catalogs, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete appropriate forms.
- Ability to use computer programs to perform job duties.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- This position requires sitting, bending, stooping and reaching. May need to lift 50 or more pounds on an occasional basis.
- A newly remodeled beautiful, state-of-the-art facility!
- Competitive compensation plan
- Paid vacation
- Health benefits
- Great employees
- Ongoing training and development
- Opportunity to advance as we promote from within